This is a list of the largest MIDIs by the number of notes. Keep in mind that quantity ≠ quality. Most MIDIs below are generally unplayable due to high note count and size.
Top 25 Largest MIDIs
|1||TheTrueEnd||93,823,560,428,205||Ste-Art||256 TB||First MIDI to hit the max possible note count|
|2||"Armageddon v3"||93,823,560,428,205||Gingeas||256 TB||Google+||Gingeas' third and last Armageddon MIDI, second MIDI to hit the max possible note count|
|3||NoiseMIDI||93,823,560,428,205||Charlie Yan||256 TB||Discord|
|6||Ievan's Polka Infinite Star Wars||53,745,997,855,018||ooo 000, Charlie Yan||429 TB||Video||Largest known Black MIDI to have a melody|
|7||Happy Theme of DEATH V10||35,180,980,081,758||AwesomeGamer89, Arduano||?||Video Google Drive|
|9||Paprika's Trillion Note MIDI||2,661,824,754,708||Orangepaprika 67||21 TB||Video|
|10||Bad Apple RTX 2080Ti||2,198,553,505,690||ooo 000, Charlie Yan||16,0 TB||Video|
|11||Happy Birthday||1,127,184,800,000||WoofFace4000||8,20 TB||Video|
|12||"Armageddon v2"||1,073,741,814,995||Gingeas||~4,2 TB||Google+ Post||First known MIDI to hit the 1 trillion note mark|
|13||"Armageddon"||536,870,907,495||Gingeas||~2,14 TB||Google+ Post|
|14||Bad Apple!! feat. nomico||280,000,000,000||Gingeas||1,1 TB||Largest known MIDI by Gingeas before Armageddon|
|15||Ievan's Polka Infinite War of Sky City||178,808,863,018||ooo 000, Charlie Yan||150 TB||Video|
|16||Bad Apple!! feat. nomico||160,000,000,000||Gingeas||650 GB|
|17||Happy Theme of DEATH V9||134,149,869,003||AwesomeGamer89||VideoGoogle Drive|
|19||100 billion lagtester||103,124,452,674||YAMAHAPSR 800||794 GB||Video|
|20||Happy Theme of DEATH V8||75,000,000,000||AwesomeGamer89||VideoGoogle Drive|
|21||Bad Apple Synth Z+||67,388,005,715||ooo 000||502 GB||Video|
|22||Super Mario Bros BGM||62,925,570,581||Charlie Yan||VideoDiscord|
|24||Red Zone||50,700,000,000||Jinjenia||170 GB|
|25||U.N. Owen Was Her||42,840,000,000||bm93||160 GB|
Notable large MIDIs
During the Black MIDI History, there were many notable large MIDIs
|MIDI Name||Note count||Size||Date/Year||Author||Comments|
|Necrofantasia 47 million||47,882,401||?||2013?||ICEWiimaker||MIDI doesn't actually exist, only mentioned as begin part of Black MIDI History, rumor was debunked by ICW herself|
|LBSFS "0.18" Billion||171.486.720||1 GB||Q3 2013||Zumn||Last multimillion MIDI by Zumn, one of the earlist known 100+ million note MIDIs|
|Reach for the Moon ~ Immortal Smoke "21" Million||32,303,593||185 MB||Q3 2013||ICEWiimaker||One of her first public large MIDIs in Youtube, actual note count wasn't found until 2014|
|Necrofantasia "53" Million||50,084,325||329 MB||Q3 2013||ICEWiimaker, Gingeas||Combination of ICW, TSMB2 and TTC Necrofantasia MIDIs, also first largest MIDI ever opened in 64 bit PFA|
|Final Savage Sister Flandre S. 110 Million||112,687,825||809 MB||Q4 2013||Landau Martin||First BMT made MIDI to surpass the 100 million mark|
|Red Zone 120 Million||122.634.632||943 MB||Q4 2013||TheGamingNinja759||Second BMT made 100+ million MIDI|
|Bad Apple!! 280 Billion||280,000,000,000||1.1 TB||Q1 2014(?)||Gingeas' 1 TB Bad Apple!! MIDI, also known to be his largest MIDI before Armageddon|
|FL Studio Limiter||30,210,048||Q1 2014||Jinjenia||Largest known FL studio exported MIDI in 2014|
|0.5 Billion||507,795,841||1.8 GB||Q3 2014||Gingeas||Largest MIDI to be opened in PFA in terms of note count|
|"Armageddon"||536,870,907,495||2.1TB||Q4 2014||Gingeas||First MIDI in the series, largest MIDI made in 2014|
|"Armageddon" V2||1,073,741,814,995||4.2 TB||Q2 2015||Gingeas||First trillion note MIDI|
|TheTrueEnd||93,823,560,428,205||256 TB||Q2 2015||Ste-Art||First MIDI to reach the max possible note count, Largest MIDI made in 2015 until today|
|Bad Apple!! 174 Million||174,604,297||1.4 GB||Q1 2016||dcsm||First known 100+ Million Note MIDI exported from FL Studio|
|The Nuker 2||142,216,648||1 GB||Q2 2016||Emex Denvir, Alexander Verevkin, Cooper Fletcher, BlackHawk 580,
|First known collaboration MIDI to reach 100+ Million|
|The Nuker 3 F1||197,590,626||1.4 GB||Q3 2016||Emex Denvir, Alexander Verevkin, BlackHawk 580,
|Largest exported FL Studio MIDI as of 2016|
|The Nuker 3 F2||~268,000,000||2 GB||Q4 2016||Emex Denvir, Alexander Verevkin, BlackHawk 580,
|Largest successfully exported exported FL Studio MIDI|
|The Nuker 3 F3||535,925,934||3 GB||Q4 2016||Emex Denvir, Alexander Verevkin, BlackHawk 580,
|Largest known FL MIDI, can't be exported as whole|
|Bad Apple!! 270 Million||270,343,937||2 GB||Q4 2016||Geoseff Ritona||Largest known MIDI merged using Anvil Studio|
|"Armageddon" V3||93,823,560,428,205||256 TB||Q4 2016||Gingeas||Largest MIDI by Gingeas and last on the series, on par with TrueEnd|
|Bad Apple Rare ADSF Mode||266,468,282||1.99 GB||Q3 2017||Alexander Verevkin||Largest MIDI to be opened in PFA in terms of filesize|
- Necrofantasia 47 million notes MIDI by ICEWiimaker has turned out to be a rumor. MIDITrail screenshots of this MIDI exists in 4 different camera angles. However, ICEWiimaker claimed that she could not open Necrofantasia 7 million notes on her MIDITrail.
- Most MIDIs with billions of notes are synthetically made and are unopenable.
- Gingeas's 13 million Necrofantasia was a failed attempt to merge TheSuperMarioBros2's and TheTrustedComputer's Necrofantasia.
- Reach For The Moon ~ Immortal Smoke 32.3 Million was originally thought to be approximately 21 million notes, but it was later found out that this was not the case.
- The maximum possible notes you can create in a MIDI file is approximately 70,367,670,435,840 notes or 93,823,560,428,205 when using running status. Armageddon V3, TheTrueEnd, Ashes are notable examples.
- TheTrueEnd is the first known MIDI to reach the max possible note count on a MIDI file.
- Bad Apple!! 174.6 Million is the first MIDI made in FL Studio that exceeds 40 million notes.
- The Nuker 3 F2 is the largest MIDI ever successfully exported using FL Studio as today.
- Final Savage Sister Flandre S. 180 Million by ZUMN actually have 171 million.
- Final Savage Sister Flandre S. 110 Million was the first BMT member made MIDI (excluding Gingeas) to break the 100 million mark.
- MIDI Intensity is the number of notes in the song divided by the number of seconds in the song.