BASSMIDI Driver is discontinued a MIDI synthesizer driver that is used in conjunction with a MIDI program to play MIDI files with little lag and latency. This is one of the alternatives to laggy Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. It runs on the same core .DLLs as its sister-like synths, CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth/CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2 and OmniMIDI (Which is a fork of BASSMIDI Driver).
- Plays with less lag than most synths.
- Sound retains fluidity
and does not stutter.
- Choice of soundfont.
- Two ports. (Only on newer versions)
- Lesser minimum requirements than CoolSoft.
- Plays with more lag than most synths on old CPUs.
- Can be staticky at times.
- Can break if messed around with and is hard to fix in the event that it does break.
- Lags at very short notes spamming in PFA (current 4.x).
- Problems and/or bugs under Windows 8 (current 4.x).
- Hasn't been updated since 2012.
- Hardlimited voice limit.
- Has issues with the ReactOS winmm.dll. (Port B doesn't work)
- No sfz support through the configurator.